Applying for extra care

Extra care properties are available to purchase or to rent. To learn more about renting an extra care property, please head over to the Saxon Weald website


Purchasing an extra care property

Most of our extra care apartments are sold on an Older Person’s Shared Ownership (also known as Shared Equity) basis. This means that both the purchaser and Saxon Weald own an interest in the property. Saxon Weald will always maintain a 25% share in the property and the purchaser (leaseholder) will own the other 75% share. 


Unlike other shared ownership schemes, with the Older Person’s scheme there is no rental charge for the 25% share that Saxon Weald holds. However, please note, there will be service charges to pay monthly, which cover the cost of maintaining the communal facilities and running the scheme. 


The sale prices stated on our extra care property listings are for the 75% share of the property. You can view our available extra care resale homes by clicking here


You can also find out more about our range of extra care developments and their features below: